HEMC-Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose
Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose
Michem® Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (MHEC) is non-ionic cellulose ether, which is made from natural polymer material by the processing of etherification reaction. It is a kind of Odorless, tasteless, non-toxic white powder or granule. It is soluble in hot and cold water, forming a transparent viscous solution and insoluble in common organic solvents. Besides it is dissolved without being affected by pH value.
CAS No.: 9032-42-2
|Appearance||White or yellowish powder|
|PH value（1% water solution）||5.0-8.5|
|Particle size（passing 0.18 mm)||100- 98.5% passing 80-100% passing|
|Viscosity （Brookfield RVT1%,20℃）||400mPa.s-80000mPa.s|
Physical and Chemical Properties:
- Water solubility: MHEC can be dissolved in water in any proportion; its density depends on viscosity.
- No ionic charge: It is non-ionic, it does not combine with metallic salts and ionic organics to form insoluble precipitates.
- Surface activity: It provides surface activity in solution to achieve the function of emulsifying and protecting colloids, as well as keeping the relative stabilization.
- Water retention: It has excellent water retention properties, making the moisture not easy to lose or be absorbed too quickly by the substrate. The product can retain water after absorbing it on porous surfaces.
5. Thickening: its aqueous solution system has the thickening property, and the consistence is related to the viscosity of the product used and the type of compound.
6. Film formation: It can be made into a transparent, tough, soft film with excellent resistance to grease.
7. Adhesion: It can be used as a binder for tile adhesives, pigments, tobacco products, paper products, coating etc.
8. Suspension: It can prevent the precipitation of solid particles to inhibit the formation of sediment.
9. Protecting colloid: It can prevent the particles from clumping.
10. High temperature resistance: It can play its due role even in high temperature environment.
Michem® Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose（MHEC）can be widely used in suspension polystyrene, expandable polystyrene, emulsion, new acrylate latex paint, water-in-water colorful paint, daily chemicals, oilfield drilling, textile, printing and dyeing.
Main application in construction: cement-based plaster, gypsum plaster and gypsum products, masonry mortar, joint mixture, tile adhesive and grout, concrete slabs etc.
Packaging, storage and Shelf life：
Packaging: 25 kg / bag (customized packaging and weight available)
Inner: PE plastic film bag, outer: PP woven bag.
Storage: Store in a ventilated, cool, dry environment, to prevent the sun and rain.
Shelf life: 12 months since the production date.
Please make test before use if the product is out of the expiring date.