HPMC-Hydroxyporpyl Methyl Cellulose
HPMC-Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose
Michem® Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) is a nonionic cellulose ether polymer with different chemical properties depending on the different degree of modification and substitution of the substituent groups. It is odorless, tasteless, non-toxic cellulose ethers produced from natural high molecular cellulose through series of chemical processing and achieved. It is white powder with good water solubility. It has thickening, adhesion, dispersing, emulsifying, film, suspended, adsorption, gel, and protective colloid properties of surface activity and maintains moisture function properties etc. Mainly used in construction materials, coatings industry, synthetic resin, ceramic industry, textile, agriculture, daily chemical and other industries.
Note: R=degree of polymerization, R=H or CH3 or CH2CHOHCH3
CAS No.: 9004-65-3
|Appearance||White or yellowish powder|
|Hydroxypropoxyl content （wt%）||7.0-12.0|
Loss on drying（wt%）
Viscosity （Brookfield RVT2%, 20℃）
Physical and Chemical Properties:
1. Carbonization temperature: 280-300 ° C
2. Density: 370-380g/l
3. Surface tension: 2% aqueous solution is 42-56dyn/cm
4. Solubility: soluble in water and some solvents, such as ethanol/water, propanol/water, etc. in appropriate proportions.
5. No ionic charge: It is non-ionic, it does not combine with metallic salts and ionic organics to form insoluble precipitates.
6. Thermal gel property: Gel will be formed when the aqueous solution of cellulose is heated to a certain temperature, and a solution will be after cooling.
7. PH value stability: it has a wide range of pH values.
8. Water retention: It has excellent water retention properties, making the moisture not easy to lose or be absorbed too quickly by the substrate. Some special grades work well in high temperature environments.
9. Thickening: its aqueous solution system has the thickening property, and the consistence is related to the viscosity of the product used and the type of compound.
10. Film formation: It can be made into a transparent, tough, soft film with excellent resistance to grease.
11. Adhesion: It can be used as a binder for tile adhesives, pigments, tobacco products, paper products, coating etc.
12. Suspension: It can prevent the precipitation of solid particles, because the formation of sediment can be inhibited.
13. Protective colloid: It can prevent small granules or particles forming a mass.
14. Emulsification: The emulsion liquid can be stabilized by reducing the surface and interfacial tension and thickening the aqueous phase.
15. Anti-sagging: It can improve the thixotropy of the product, so that the finished product does not slip even at considerate thickness.
16. Wetting ability: Cellulose has the property of wetting the substrate, no curling even if applied to a special substrate.
17. Open time: It can extend the hardening time of the product, make the raw materials fully hydrated, and improve the tensile strength and flexibility of the product.
Binder: Used as a thickener and binder in the adhesive formulation.
Ceramic: gives lubricity, water retention and increases the original strength of the ceramic embryo.
Building materials: mixing into cement, so that cement mortar, plaster and gypsum ingredients have water retention properties and improve their workability.
Cosmetics: Regulate rheology to give the product the right viscosity, emulsification, stability, lubricity and foam stability, and surfactant compatibility.
Leather: It is used as a thickener and water retaining agent for leather surface protective rubber when it is processed and dried during leather processing.
Latex coating: as a protective colloid, thickener and pigment dispersant
Paint stripper: Conducive to the compatibility of water and organic solvents, thickener in blade coating and rinse-off paint remover
Paper products: film forming agent for surface sizing or oil repellent coatings.
Plywood: Adjusting the rheology of the binder
Various resins and rubbers: fiber reinforced plastic molding release agent, water based coating emulsifiers, thickeners and stabilizers.
Textiles: as a textile sizing material, thickeners and stabilizers in printing paste or latex paints.
Packaging & Storage & Shelf Life:
Michem® hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
Packaging: 25 kg / bag (customized packaging and weight available)
Inner: PE plastic film bag, outer: PP woven bag.
Storage: Store in a ventilated, cool, dry environment, to prevent the sun and rain.
Shelf life: 12 months since the production date.