MICHEM Polypropylene PP Micro Fiber in Concrete
MICHEM polypropylene micro fiber is a kind of high-strength bunchy monofilament fiber, made of polypropylene resin as the main raw material and manufactured by a unique process. The addition of fiber to concrete (or mortar) can effectively control the micro-cracks caused by plastic shrinkage, settlement, temperature changes and other factors of the concrete (or mortar) to prevent and inhibit the formation and development of cracks. It can be widely used in industrial and civil construction, water conservancy projects, roads and bridge projects.
Physical and chemical properties
||3-50mm(customized size available)
||Trilobal or circular
|Resistance to Acid & Alkali
Note: The length range is 3-50mm, which can be produced according to customer requirements.
The reinforcement of concrete by MICHEM polypropylene fiber
1) Crack resistance effect on concrete
MICHEM fibers are three-dimensionally distributed in concrete, which can effectively reduce the stress concentration at the tip of micro cracks and prevent the occurrence and expansion of micro cracks.
2) Improvement of the concrete impermeability
The uniform distribution of MICHEM fibers in the concrete forms a supporting system, reduces the bleeding of the concrete, and significantly improves the impermeability of the concrete.
3) Improve the freeze-thaw resistance of concrete
The existence of concrete MICHEM fiber can effectively reduce the tensile stress concentration in concrete caused by multiple freeze-thaw cycles, prevent the further development of micro-cracks, and help to improve its freeze-thaw resistance.
4) Improvement of impact resistance and toughness of concrete
MICHEM fiber helps to absorb the kinetic energy of concrete members under impact, and due to the fiber’s crack resistance effect, it can effectively enhance the impact resistance and toughness of concrete.
5) Improvement of concrete durability
MICHEM fiber greatly reduces the occurrence and development of cracks due to the good crack-resistance effect, the internal porosity is reduced, and the corrosion channel of the main bars of the structure is reduced, so that the durability of concrete is greatly improved and enhanced.
6) Improvement of high temperature resistance of concrete
In concrete, especially high-strength concrete mixed with MICHEM fibers, the uniformly distributed monofilament fiber shows a three-dimensional distribution, forming a three-dimensional grid structure. When the temperature inside the concrete member rises above 165 ℃, the fibers melt and form The internally connected channels are provided for strong high-pressure steam to escape from the interior of the concrete, so it can effectively avoid bursting in a fire environment.
The use and construction process of MICHEM fiber
1. For MICHEM fiber, there will be no conflict with concrete aggregates, additives, admixtures and cement, and there are no special requirements for mixing equipment.
2. MICHEM fiber is easy to use, it is not necessary to change material ration and reinforcement ratio in the original design, nor can it reduce the main stress reinforcement in the design at will.
3. Accurately weigh the fibers according to the designed blending volume and concrete mixing volume. After preparing the gravel material, add the fiber and aggregate to the mixer together. The mixing time should be appropriately extended for 30-60 seconds. Random sampling after mixing. If the fibers have been evenly dispersed, the concrete can be put into use. If there are still bundled fibers, extend the stirring time for 30 seconds and use.
4. The concrete added with MICHEM fiber has the same construction and maintenance process as ordinary concrete.